Over the past year at TotallyMoney I've been focussing on the native application for iOS and Android. It's a React Native application that was released in 2017 and has seen iterative improvements since. TotallyMoney has historically focussed mainly on their website but as apps have become an increasingly large part of the tech sphere, and we've seen from our data that TotallyMoney users who use the app are more engaged than those who use the website, the app has become more and more of an important part of the company.
However, we realised that we were being held back a little from faster iteration on the app, due to the nature of updating native apps. This post is about some stuff that I've learnt about improving deployments and enabling faster iteration within the native app.